‘Delhi’s Big Venture’ is an event for Delhi school students which aim to make entrepreneurship a buzz word and entrepreneur a hero amongst young enthusiast. It focuses to bring the innovative, creative and the most enterprising of Delhi Schools’ budding entrepreneurs together. The competition captures the spirit of entrepreneurship among students.
The competition focuses on benefiting students in three ways:
- Connecting Education and Entrepreneurship: Through our programmes and workshops we are at a position to create a link between education and entrepreneurship.
- Educating and exciting students: The technical focus of this competition and hands on, interactive approach generates opportunities to educate and excite students about entrepreneurship.
- Providing competitive incentives for student learning.
The idea was born when Dhriiti realized that it is very difficult to reach out to school students today due to their high pressure of studies and busy schedules. They are already burdened with the classes, tuitions, exams and the constant endeavour to succeed in all of them. Introducing another parallel course does not solve the purpose. Hence, apart from the short term workshops that we do in schools, we plan to design an event like Big Venture where the students have fun while participating and at the same time the learning coefficient and impact is very high..
Vision of the event
To create a spirit of entrepreneurship among school students by providing them an opportunity to practise their entrepreneurial ideas and skills.
Objectives of the event
• To make the students aware of the concept of entrepreneurship
• To make entrepreneurship a buzz word and entrepreneurs heroes among school students
• To create a platform for aspiring entrepreneurs where they can test their ideas as well as themselves in the real market scenario.
Delhi’s Big Venture will invite schools from all over Delhi to send their representative teams ideally having 4-5 members. The teams will be oriented before the event on the concept and what it means to be an entrepreneur. On the day of the contest all the teams will gather at the venue and a market scenario will be provided to them. The teams will have to make decisions based on the market scenario, consumer behaviour or market demand and consumer attitude, etc. Besides innovative idea, the team effort and rational decision making will act as key measures of success. Therefore, the best entrepreneurial venture will be highlighted not only for the profits but also the other aspects like innovation, change idea, resource management, risk and problem solving.
Who can participate?
- The competition is open to any student with entrepreneurial ideas and abilities to communicate those ideas.
- The students can apply only as a part of a team.
- Teams/ students can only participate through schools.
- Participation is limited to students in grades 6-12 only.
Abstracts will be evaluated by a panel of experts. The abstracts will be evaluated on the basis of the following parameters
- Innovation accounts for 20% of overall weight age. The judges will be seeking innovative ideas, new concepts and leanings.
- Feasibility (personal, social and financial) accounts for 30% of overall weight age. The judges will be assessing the market feasibility of the product or service.
- Research accounts for 20%. The research that has been done before selecting the enterprise idea.
Successful entrants will get an opportunity to materialize their idea in real market scenario in keeping with competition guidelines.
- Market feasibility
- Management of resources
- Team effort
- Decision making