Dhriiti – The Courage Within is a registered not for profit organization working to promote entrepreneurship and microenterprises amongst various sections of the society in India since 2004. Dhriiti tackles widespread unemployment and underemployment by training young people on entrepreneurship skills and setting up micro enterprise clusters. Dhriiti has worked with over 6000 prospective entrepreneurs and set up & strengthened more than 200 micro enterprises across India.
Dhriiti has designed several activities to take its mission forward:
- Entrepreneurship Skills Training Program for underprivileged children in Urban Slums to introduce entrepreneurship as a livelihood option to those youngsters who constantly struggle for their daily two square meals.
- Entrepreneurship Education for middle and high school students through workshops, games and hands on activities to expose them to entrepreneurship (its pros and cons) when they are being exposed to other career decisions and enable them to take a well informed decision most suited to their personalities, skills and preferences
- Entrepreneurship Development Program for youth in Undergraduate Colleges and Universities using student entrepreneurship as a medium to engage college students constructively, empowering them with tools of enterprise, equipping them with crucial life and employability skills and directing their energies in a positive direction
- Microenterprise Cluster Development Program for rural youth as a natural progression from the micro finance movement to tap the underutilized human capital and physical & natural resources of rural India
- Strengthening and providing value added services to existing micro-enterprises and entrepreneurs to build their capacities in crucial aspects like Marketing, Market Research, Product Development, Human Resource Management, Costing and Accounting, Business Plan Development etc.